Introduction to Meditation – 8 week course
Our next Meditation Course is open for enrollment! The course meets once a week, at the same time each week, and runs for 8 weeks from:
Tuesday 11th July - Tuesday 29th August, 7.30pm - 8.45pm
The course will be led by Dr. Susan Crozier. You can read more about Susan here. Course cost is $175.
Our Introduction to Meditation course will cover the basics of mindfulness or insight (vipassana) based meditation practice. You will learn a variety of skills and techniques to kick start your meditation practice and begin to foster attitudes that will take you ever closer to a sense of inner freedom, equanimity and peace.
Throughout the course you will learn about
- Posture and breath – sitting, walking and lying down meditation
- Learning to focus on sense awareness/ body scan
- Developing the right attitude
- Opening into acceptance
- Mindfulness of feeling tones
- Understanding the mind
- Developing Equanimity and Empathy
Some of the benefits you can expect in a relatively short time include:
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Increased resilience
- Increased mental concentration clarity and awareness
- Increased productivity and effectiveness
- Increased contentment and inner peace
- Improved communication
- Increased emotional stability
- Improved immunity and overall health and well-being
- Increased creativity and insight
Meditation is a simple and effective tool for achieving inner peace, clarity and focus by bringing ones awareness into the present moment. We feel very peaceful, so at ease when the mind is quieter. Meditation can feel like one massive sigh, a let-go, an absolute state of non-doing, just BEING. With meditation we become more emotionally balanced, more centered, better able to deal with the traumas that life throws at us – we feel more relaxed, more clear. Meditation is taking a pro-active step to looking after yourself mentally and emotionally, and consequently physically as well.