8-week Beginners Yoga Courses
Interested in trying something new and learning the ancient practice of yoga or keen to restart after a time away? Why not try one of our beginners yoga courses?
We have two different beginners yoga courses which run on Tuesdays and Wednesdays respectively, all throughout the year. They meet once a week for 8 weeks. These courses always sell out, so get in quick to avoid disappointment!
Wednesday evenings @ 7.30 - 8.45pm with Kyleigh Burniston and Felicity Molloy
Wednesday 11 July - 29 August 2018
It's not too late to join this course. Email us below to enquire about the discounted rate to join a little late.
Tuesday evenings @ 6 - 7.15pm with Clare Roberts
Tuesday 4 September - 23 October 2018
Wednesday evenings @ 7.30 - 8.45pm with Kyleigh Burniston
Wednesday 5 September - 24 October 2018
Our Introduction to Yoga courses take you through the fundamentals of the practice in 8 structured weekly classes. They are great for those new to yoga or just wanting to refresh their knowledge of the main principles of yoga asana and pranayama (movement and breath).
Over the course clear instruction will be given on:
1. Breath principles and how the breath effects our posture and the way the mind behaves
2. Alignment principles in the various postures such as standing poses, backbends, forward bends etc.
3. How to sequence a practice so you can start to develop your own home practice that suits your own needs
4. How to bring yogic principles into everyday life, because after all yoga is a holistic practice and has limited use if it is limited to just the mat!
These courses progress students through the fundamental principles of the yoga practice. You come to the same weekly class for 8 consecutive weeks and they build on themselves so at the end of your course you feel confident to continue in the group classes or in your home practice.
The course cost is $175
- 8 weeks of yoga tuition with our experienced and passionate teachers
- Four free drop-in classes (for use whilst on the course only*)
- Discount on a 5-class or 10-class pass if purchased upon completion of the course - $140 for ten instead of $185 or $70 for five instead of $95)
*discounts and free classes offered are not transferable for cash and do not make up part of the course fee (these are a bonus, and cannot be carried over after the last week of course or their value refunded, should you withdraw from the course. Please note there is also a cancellation policy whereby refunds cannot be offered for no shows or withdrawals after 96 hour prior to the first day of the course. There is no partial refund for course nights that cannot be made up.