Try something new in 2017. Sign up for one of our 8-week courses!
Interested in learning what yoga is all about or keen to restart after a time away? Why not try one of our beginners yoga courses? These courses always sell out so get in quick to avoid disappointment!
Upcoming 8-week Introduction Courses
- Wednesday evenings @ 730 - 8.45pm with Kyleigh Burniston: starts Wednesday 12th July 2017
- Tuesday evenings @ 6 - 7.15pm with Clare Roberts: starts Tuesday 11th July 2017
Our introduction to yoga courses take you through the fundamentals of the practice in 8 structured classes. They are great for those new to yoga or just wanting to refresh their knowledge of the main principles of yoga asana and pranayama (movement and breath).
Over the course clear instruction will be given on:
1. Breath principles and how the breath effects our posture and the way the mind behaves
2. Alignment principles in the various postures such as standing poses, backbends etc.
3. How to sequence a practice so you can start to develop your own home practice that suits your own needs
4. How to bring yogic principles into everyday life, because after all yoga is a holistic practice and has limited use if it is limited to just the mat!
These courses progress students through the fundamental principles of yoga. You come to the same weekly class for 8 consecutive weeks and they build on themselves so at the end of your course you feel confident to continue in the group classes or in your home practice.
The course cost is $175 (this includes the 8-week course, four free drop-in classes whilst on the course and a discount off a 10-class pass if purchased upon completion - $140 instead of $170)
Courses run every 8 weeks.